What Information Is Collected
When you visit our website, two types of information may be collected: personal information you knowingly chose to disclose (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address), which is collected on an individual basis, and website use information collected on an aggregate basis when you and others browse our website. McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC does not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily choose to submit or otherwise disclose such information to us, including information submitted or disclosed by mail, telephone, fax or electronically.
Our Policy regarding Cookies
Using standard technology known as “cookies,” we may obtain information about your usage of our website, including the date and time of visits, the pages reviewed, and the time spent on our website. This information is collected on an aggregate basis and is not associated with you individually. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- To enable the personalization features on our website (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have input on line).
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use our site and to help us improve the structure of our Website.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website: session cookies, which expire when you close your browser; and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
How Information Is Collected
- Legal Updates and Articles – If you sign up on our website to receive news, alerts and publications from our firm or its affiliates, we will use the information you provide to provide the information requested and may use it to communicate with you about other topics and events we believe may be of interest to you.
- Events – If you register on our website for a firm-sponsored event, we will use your registration information – name, telephone number and email address, to register you for the event and may use it to communicate with you about other events and topics we believe may be of interest to you.
- Careers – If you submit your resume and other information to apply for a job with McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC, we will use the information you submit to evaluate your inquiry.
- Diversity – If you apply for a Diversity Scholarship, we will use the information you provide to evaluate your application.
- Blogs – If you submit comments to firm blogs, we will use the information you provide to communicate with you and may use your name to identify you as a commenter.
- Email communications – If you choose to correspond with us via email, we may retain the content of your email messages along with your email address and our responses.
If you wish to change any information submitted to McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC, or if you wish to opt out of a mailing list, please do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our site – such as the browser type, operating system, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
How We Use the Information Collected
We use information collected for business purposes and to enhance customer service. We may also use information collected to notify you about legal developments, services, and special events. You can notify us that you do not want to receive these notices by unsubscribing via email at email@example.com. We also use non-personally identifiable information to analyze site usage (such as aggregated information on the pages visited by our users), which allows us to improve the design and content of our site.
Sharing and Transfer of Personal Information
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information we collect. Any information provided to McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC is treated with care and discretion. McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC will take a proactive approach to help ensure the information is kept private and not misused. We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. However, we do not guarantee the security of your personal information.
Transmission Errors or Unauthorized Acts
While we strive to protect your personal information, no data transmission is 100% secure. Because McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, you do so at your own risk. McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC will not be liable for disclosures of your personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third-parties. However, once we receive your transmission, we act reasonably to ensure its security on our systems by making reasonable efforts to protect the information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our information practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at McGrath & Spielberger, PLLC, 6201 Fairview RD, Ste 330, Charlotte, NC 28210, Attention: Managing Partner.