Here are some of the key points contained in the video:
- If using a panel of 3 arbitrators: each party picks an arbitrator and then those two arbitrators pick the third one.
- If using only 1 arbitrator: one side presents a list of possible arbitrators to the other side and the other side picks from the list.
- You go back and forth and negotiate between the parties until a decision is made.
- You may wish to avoid attempting private conversations with potential arbitrators in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety.
- Consider all the information available to you to make an informed decision about your arbitrator.
- Arbitrators may also be appointed by the court.
If you need legal services in North Carolina,
or Tennessee we invite you to fill out our confidential client formfor possible legal assistance.